Subject: Re: Corrupted data
From: Peter Goldstein <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 08 Jan 1996 22:28:32 -0500

At 12:40 PM 1/8/96 -0500, you wrote:
>I've been having probs dloading files off ftp sites...I get crc errors
>when I try to unzip them. Two sites where I have regular robs is Newtek
>& Netcom. I dloaded about 20 objects & prgs..incl the LW INTELB
>patch....thay are all bad.
>
>I'm using pkzip 2.04....Is there a later version or something?
>
>Ancel Bhagwandeen CEO
>ADv Dig Dreams
>[email-masked]
Well Ancel..i may have an  answer, how did you d/l them..through a PPP
account with an FTP Client? or through shell? if you got it through shell
you may have forgotten to change to binary mode instead of ascii..you do
that at the ftp prompt, by typing 'bin' ..then it changes to binary mode, if
not i cant exactly say what the prob. is..maybe too many people dling at the
same time or sumthin??? i dunno
good luck

-Peter Goldstein
[email-masked]